The Embassy Apartment Building was a diamond-in-the-rough located in Portland’s historic Northwest Alphabet District at the corner of NW 20th Avenue and NW Flanders Street. It is a flat roofed, brick and concrete apartment building with a balustraded parapet and sandstone rustication. It is one of the few examples of early 20th century Georgian style architecture remaining in Portland. The Embassy was built in 1923 and designed by noted architect Carl L. Linde.
The project included the renovation of 69 units, varying from 430 square feet to 778 square feet. In an area notorious for buildings with no parking, this property has 44 parking stalls that were sold with the larger units. This project is also on the National Historic Register and Mr. Ball negotiated the same property tax freeze for the buyers of the condominiums as he did for The Avenue and Marshall Wells Lofts.